Dec 28, 2022
Startup in Estonia: #S2 E1 Cyber Security
Apr 18, 2019
Startup in Estonia podcast is back! In the second season, we are In the second season, we take a deeper dive into verticals of startups such as Cyber Security, Educational Technology, AI & Machine Learning, Financial Technologies, Talent/HR and more.
In the first episode, we are focusing on cyber security, covering the topic with Ralph Echemendia from Seguru and Marily Hendrikson from Startup Estonia.
Subscribe to our podcast through the following platforms:
Ralph Echemendia is a world-renowned cyber security expert, known internationally by his alter ego “The Ethical Hacker.” For over 20 years, Ralph has delivered training on hacking and other security information to corporations including the US Marine Corps, NASA, Google, Microsoft, Oracle, AMEX, Intel, Boeing, Symantec, and IBM. In the recent two years Ralph has been based in Tallinn, Estonia, working on his startup Seguru, world's first truly multifaceted security app for your mobile device.
Marily Hendrikson is the Cyber Defence Project Lead for Startup Estonia. Marily's role is to find the factors in the startup ecosystem which help to create new cyber security startups and support the growth of existing startups.
The podcast is hosted by Joao Rei.
Topics covered in the episode:
- How the Ralph Echemendia aka the Ethical Hacker got started with security by working in a hospital.
- Hacks and cyber crimes - coverage on the media.
- Governmental and private sector cooperation in cyber security.
- Trends in corporate cyber security and cultural issues within it.
- How awareness and communication on cyber security is key to development.
- Resiliency as the backbone of cyber security.
- How Estonia handled the cyber attack of 2007.
- How it is to build something from the future in medieval Tallinn.
Listen to the episode on Soundcloud:
And on Apple podcast and Spotify:
Stay tuned for the next episode in two weeks!