Get investor ready – apply to Climate-KIC mentoring programme!
Applications are now open for the 90 000 EUR Climate-KIC Accelerator. Startup Estonia together with its partner Climate-KIC are now taking applications to Climate-KIC Accelerator – a key mentoring programme for cleantech startups to reach investor readiness. We offer startups who have found their business niche and financial model, to develop their idea even further with 3 month intensive mentorship and available grants.
What we offer:
- 3 months mentorship from some of the best cleantech mentors from Climate-KIC European wide network.
- Around 90 000 EUR grant pool available for 3 - 4 Estonian startups;
- Opportunity to visit Cleantech Venture Day in Europe;
- Opportunity to pitch at the Climate-KIC European Venture Competition in Frankfurt;
- Access to Master Classes in Europe;
Providing support to 7-9 cleantech startups from Estonia (and Baltics) from September 1st to October 31st. In this stage we are focusing on customer discovery and team building. Are you solving real customer problems? Have you talked to customers and verified your business assumptions? We will help you with the verifications. The best teams will have a chance to get a 10 000 to 30 000 eur grant to develop their idea even further and go to the next stage “Investor readiness”.
Full-blown business plan, complete financial model, report on customer interviews/feedback.
Providing support to 3-4 cleantech startups from November 1st to December 31st. Get your business ready for take-off. Find launching customers, development partners or investors. Form partnerships that make you grow fast!
How to apply?
Participants need to have a breakthrough idea with a substantial impact on climate change. Convinced and dedicated to achieve global success? Then we would love to hear from you. You can request your application kit here.
Please send it back by August 22nd at 9am local time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply, if you are:
- An entrepreneur with intention to create a company in 2016 and you have a co-founder in your team
- You have a breakthrough business idea related to new technology with substantial climate impact in any of the following climate-related fields: cities and urban transitions, sustainable production systems, land and water, climate finance, buildings, industry, retail, energy efficiency, etc.
- An early-stage start-up (up to 3 years)
- You are motivated to achieve global success.
- You have a co-founder in your team.
- You will make your team available for all training and other sessions during the Accelerator
You have an advanced English level
The programme is run by Startup Estonia with a support from Tehnopol.Climate-KIC
Climate-KIC is the EU´s main climate innovation initiative. It is Europe’s largest public-private innovation partnership focused on mitigating and adapting to climate change. Climate-KIC consists of companies, academic institutions and the public sector.
Climate-KIC is one of the Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs) created in 2010 by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), the EU body tasked with creating sustainable European growth while dealing with the global challenges of our time. More information at www.climate-kic.orgThis activity has received funding from the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT). This body of the European Union receives support from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.